Friday, January 9, 2009

Christmas is finally over! I usually am o.k. with the holidays but this year was a little different. I was removing ornaments and taking down the tree the day after the Christmas. So now my attention is completely focused on training for a half marathon. In the past, I've completed 6 miles without a whole lot of struggle so I figured what's another 6 or 7? Ha Ha you are all probably saying. On a serious note this is something that I've wanted to do for quite some time so why not this year? I actually tried to find reasons but none of them were good enough. So about 5 1'2 long weeks ago I started training for this race that is going to take place in April. I was finding it difficult to complete 13 minutes on the treadmill let alone 13 miles. So I started to push myself and I am finally running 3 miles a day. The great news is that I have a support team. My brother in law Alain is going to being running with me. Well he's going to be running, he's already running 5-6 miles a day and at a much faster pace then myself but at least we can drive together. The even more unfortunate news is that I am still waking up every morning 30 minutes before everyone else and running my 3 miles. I sound a little like I am fighting myself to do this and I just might be. But when it's all over and I make it to the finish line it will all be worth it! Wish me luck! If there are any followers of this blog that are interested in joining me please let me know??? SERIOUSLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment